Wednesday, January 3, 2007

the wake

kind of a bummer day, today i found out that a really good friend of mine's dad passed away on new years day. i'd lost touch of my buddy for about 2 years because he got re-married, changed jobs and moved, we used to be really tight, i was his best man for his first wedding. his dad had had a few heart surgeries, and alzheimer's was starting to set in pretty bad. he died of a stroke, which Frankie said was probably better for him than suffering for a long time. so i went to the wake for a few hours after work, i hadn't seen anyone in his family for a few years more than the last time i saw him. they didn't remember my name, but most of them remembered me. i generally get people to smile around me, i don't insite a clingy crying response. not like i was cutting up jokes, well, i was when i went outside to not smoke with Hoosh (Frankie). i dunno, i hope i made an unpleasant situation go by a little bit easier for those i talked to. so, Salute to Frank Senior where ever he is now.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Please give Hoosh my sincere condolences.

It is weird how things such as this work, but you know Ive always said, things happen for a reason, even though I know you don't believe in that sort of thing. I see this happening so you and Hoosh could be close again.

Take care.

Violet said...

Sorry to hear about that. Death is always such a hard thing to deal with. I don't feel like I'm very good at being in those types of situations. I feel uncomfortable and am never really sure what to say. Glad that you were able to give your friend a bit of relief.