Monday, January 1, 2007

New Years

Hey everyone, Happy 2007!! this year has gotten off to a very slow, low light level start. i've half slept through discovery marathons of mythbusters and futureweapons all day... Thanks Dr Mike and Paula for hosting the "quiet, relaxing" new years eve bash... never had such a hangover from being so quiet and relaxed before, but that's okay, it was a Great party!!! i'm glad i got to spend it with such great company. perhaps i did have some of the rules of beer roulette wrong after all...
well, i'm off jan. 2th as well, so i'll hopefully get the tree and christmas lights taken down (unlike my hoosier neighbors, who still have theirs turned on, which started the week Before thanksgiving, by the way) i think there should be rules against crossing over holidays with you xmas lights. oh well, that's my cent and a half.

6 comments:

Diana said...

FYI- A lot of people keep their lights and tree up (& on) until Jan. 6th. That's when the Wise Men arrived, so to them the Season isn't over until then. ;o)

Yes, it was a great "quiet, relaxed" party!

Dave Morris said...

Screw those late wise-men bastards. I'm taking my stuff down. :)

Uncle Mikey said...

i agree fully... if these three men were so wise, why didn't they have a calendar? maybe with the help of modern tools such as computers or witchcraft, they could have shown up on time, and re-wrote history.

Chris Johnson said...

WOW! You had a hangover! Late in the afternoon I got a headache, but I fixed it with 3 tylenol & a 4 hour nap.

I also had a great time. It was nice to have a relaxing evening.

Also I know some rednecks that are going to leave up xmas stuff just for you and also plug in thier very redneck lights.

Dr. Mike said...

Haha. I love the comment about the hoosier neighbors.

The only thing more annoying than lights up all year are lights that should have NEVER been put up in the first place. You know-- the single strand that is tossed up on part of the roof and hangs like it's dying?

haha.

Future Weapons: I saw about 3 hours of it on NYears day.. Argh, I'd forgotten how rough it is to stay up all night. So much for a small, quiet get-together at the Williams' this New Year's Eve! I think we had the house packed at one point.

BTW, did I win at Poker?

Nichole said...

Now, common, not ALL of you neighbors are hoosiers. But I bet I can guess which ones youre referring too. Anyway, theyre nice people. Just not up to 'your' standards! LoL.

Im sure they'll take them down sometime this year.