Monday, January 21, 2008

decisions

i've looked through all my options, and i'm going with the sponge... for my ceiling paint anyways... i've been dreading sanding my drywall patches all over my ceiling, because of the sand finish in the paint, sanding would leave big smooth areas... so i tried wiping the patched areas down with a damp sponge, and it worked great, it took the edges away and the smooth surface out of the new mud, and let the sand finish pop thru again. it also let pieces of sponge clinging to the ceiling, and big yellow smears all over, the sand finish was rough enough to shred the sponges, but the primer should cover all of that. which i hope to get done next weekend. i'm excited, because i'm almost ready to paint color in there... finally. my interior designer changed my mind about my kitchen color, it's not going to be such a bright orange, but more of a softer mustardy yellow/orange kinda color. it matches the other colors better. sucks that i won't have time to work on it this week, i've either got something planned, or i'll be working overtime, because i have a Bunch of big projects going on at once. i was off for MLK day today, but i worked for a few hours on the one that goes out this thursday. sorry, i usually try to finish with a joke, but i'm tired, and nothing really funny is coming to mind...

No comments: