Sunday, October 21, 2007

where to start?

wow, where do i start? it's been forever since i've blogged. the livestrong bracelet that i've worn for 6 or 7 years broke this morning. i bought 20 of them way back when, so i got a new one out, holy crap had the old one stretched out, this one fits right and everything. i have had a sinus headache and ringing ears for about 3 weeks now. i called my doctor, and he couldn't get me in for about 3 weeks, but they called and moved that one back 3 more weeks. so i went to an urgent care place friday, and low and behold, i was right... it's a sinus infection, and they prescribed me some antibiotics, which my doc could have easily done over the phone, but no... since i haven't seen him for 6 years, he has to see me as a new patient and all my records have been put away in storage. so i might still go and get a whole physical and blood checked, etc. when my appointment comes around. the really cute nurse asked me if i knew when my last tetinus shot was, and i said about 6 years ago, the last time i saw a doctor, when i put a large hole in my wrist with a flat claw (with big pointy nasty teeth). then she asked if amoxicillin usually worked for me, and i told her i had no idea, i don't think i've ever had it... so i've been taking this crap, and she told me to get some mucinex too, for 3 days now, and i still have a headache, dammit. this is why i don't have faith in most medicines, because they never do much for me. most of these pill pushers are just witch doctors with co-pays.
i've been fighting with my garage door opener for several months, it had a broken wire or loose solder or something that would make it's power shut off. with a swift punch or smack, it would turn back on and be fine. so a few weekends ago, i had it open, poking around, trying to find the bad connection, and Zap! a puff of smoke and a spark or 3, and the opener was fully dead. at least i found where the bad solder was on the power circuit board. (it was the one with the black char marks shooting out from it, sorry, i didn't take a picture). so i went to sears and got a new one, same one, just the 5 year newer version. of course i couldn't just replace the motor part, they've completely changed the design of the rail and chain, etc. so i had to take down the whole deal and assemble and put up the entire new opener. i have to call sears tomorrow, because either it's haunted, or somebody that lives around me has the same remote code. it keeps opening or closing on it's own. so i have it on lock, so the rogue remote can't open it, and i have to keep getting out to use the keypad (which had to be replaced as well).
well, there's more, but i'll put it in other posts... i tend to not read the really long blog entries anyways... maybe this will give me a reason to blog more often.

4 comments:

Violet said...

Yeah, better get that garage door opener fixed soon... It is gettin' cold outside!! (We had the same thing happen with a neighbor's garage door opener one time... Is yours opening anyone else's?)

Uncle Mikey said...

not that i know of, but it could be a house up behind me. i was IN the garage when it happened twice this weekend, and it wasn't anyone from my court, because i can see all their garages. i called today, and the guy, we'll call him "hold for 15 minutes", didn't know anything, told me to call the support line. we'll see.

Chris Johnson said...

I thought you could reprogram them yourself? At least with older ones you could, look in your users manual

Nichole said...

Wow, you replaced the garage door opener all by yourself? You didn't have foreman Rut and My Dad helpin' ya out? I'm impressed!

Better be for gettin' that fixed, you have waay too much $$$ in that garage....