Tuesday, October 23, 2007

birthday

so today was my 37th birthday, i got a good glimpse of what getting older is like right off the bat. well, as previously blogged, i got up at 5:15, went and got donuts, went in to work. paid for a parking meter next to the building, so i could go to my meeting at 8. my boss sent me an e-mail late monday about this meeting, he was going to be out of town, and could i go? sure, i don't know much about the project the meeting was about, but i could go and answer the electrical contractor's questions. so i get to the architect's office at 5 minutes till 8. pay for an hour's worth on a meter right by their building on washington. their freaking office door is locked. it's a glass storefront office, so i'm looking in, there's nobody anywhere... freaking architects are always late. so i start to think... and open the appointment on my calendar from my phone... it's supposed to be at the contractor's office, not the architect's. so i call in to my office to find out where the contractor's office is, i have no idea, never been there. our receptionist is on vacation, and i guess nobody was covering the front desk, because nobody answered the office phone, i tried calling in until almost 8:30... at which point i was already at my parking garage. so i make the hike to my office, pissed at myself for completely missing this meeting, and not having their address or phone number to at least call them and tell them i wouldn't be there. so i get to my desk and there's an e-mail from the secretary that i was trying to call for directions... i had e-mailed her to let her know i was going to be out of the office and wouldn't be at our engineering meeting... she replied "isn't that meeting for next tuesday?" so i re-read the e-mail for about the 6th time now... Yes, it is for next week. I had the wrong Date and Location for this meeting. holy crap, getting old sucks so far.

2 comments:

Violet said...

awww... that sucks. did you at least score yourself a jelly doughnut?

Nichole said...

37! My girl friend sucked 37! In a row? Haha, welcome to "ole timers" dear!

P.S. Happy Birthday!