Thursday, February 15, 2007

something new

well, i learned something new tonight. i did laundry tonight, overly full load of darks and jeans was first, got thru it without issue. next was the lights and whites load, getting them out of the dryer, i noticed something about my pillow case didn't look quite right. <> back several months ago, i got some wicked nice sets of pottery barn sheets. they're like a zillion thread count white sheets with matching pillow cases and such.... <> so this pillow case is half turned inside out, and there's this extra flap on one side. you put the pillow in the case like normal, then this flap goes around the other end of the pillow to hold it in place. all you other house wives are probably saying "Duh!!" well, shaddup and let me have my little moment of revalation. i've learned my new thing for today, so i'm done... till next time...
i'm going down to soulard for mardi gras, my buddy has a kickass loft down there. so he's having an all weekend party-fest with a bunch of people...
but now i'm gonna play some guitar for a while, then go to bed... using my pillow cases to their full potential for the first time

5 comments:

Diana said...

Your Mardi Gras weekend sounds like fun...lucky.... Stay warm! :o)

Dave Morris said...

I never woulda been able to figure out what the flap was for... so, I'm not in the making fun column!

Too cold for me at Mardi Gras, but sounds like a good time. I'll collect my beads on the float trip, thanks. Don't do anything I wouldn't do!

Violet said...

Goddammit! That was ME making the last post, not Dave... Didn't realize this computer was logged in as him. Although, Dave DOES collect his beads on the float trip, too...

Nichole said...

Gee and you always bitched when I wanted to spend the money on the higher thread count sheets. "I like the flanel ones". Ugh! Amazing how people realize certain things are better after the fact...

Anonymous said...

Mikey it's amazing how Nichole has to put her 2 cents in on every one of your comments. You know that she IS right and shame on YOU for not realizing that before she did what she did... :)