Friday, October 6, 2006

credit card

so, tuesday night when i get home, there's a message on my machine. it's some lady from capital one (currently in my wallet), she's from the fraud department, wants me to call about some questionable purchases. i call the number, and it's some stupid lady with worse ebonics than flavor flav, AXE'ing me for all this information. i asked her how i would know if she was actually a scammer herself, and she didn't really have a good answer. so i hung up and called the actual number on the back of the card. so i get thru to someone who speaks better english, she's from india, mind you, but she at least sounds intelligent. turns out there are 2 transactions form over the weekend that they denied, something from aol g-shop for $100, and something from kennith cold for $350... somebody's got my shit!!! so they went thru all the recent transactions, and these are the only 2 that aren't mine. they froze the account and cancelled the number, i'll get a new card with a new number in 7 to 10 days. hope i don't have to buy anything, i almost stuck it in the gas pump tonight, but remembered to use my bank debit card instead. scary stuff, good thing i have those barbarians from capital one following me around!! i'm going to call them back and see what kind of info i can get out of them... who it was, where they are, how they got my info.. if it was something i did, or didn't do, that i need to stop or start so this doesn't happen again... i don't know what all they can tell me though. oh well, i'm tired, seeya

No comments: